Monday, March 19, 2012

Yankee Stadium Tour, let me tell you something..that accent, will get you everywhere!

Erica here. I was asked by my loving sister Dana if I wanted to be a guest blogger this week, recapping our second Yankee Stadium tour (the first was at the old stadium) on a b-bitter cold day in February. With two days till Valentine’s Day, what better way to replace the chocolates and flowers with some Yankee pinstripe love? How appropriate, considering that’s the name of this blog…whoa, genius!

When you last saw Dana and Gina, Gina was creating her own version of 12 Days of Christmas (still laughing over that one)! So, with that in mind, we went to the Holy Land that is Yankee Stadium, and let me tell you, it’s never a dull moment when the three of us are together.

Let me first start off by saying that we consider ourselves traveling veterans to and from Yankee Stadium, but this time, we found ourselves a little lost…cut to the three of us (picture it!) chilling out (literally chilling) in the vestibule of Marble Hill train station taking videos and pictures and singing “That Thing You Do” all while looking at the beautiful view of the East River…clearly, this was NOT our intended destination. It looked nothing like Yankee Stadium. But, fortunately, the next train came along and we were on our way :))

I don’t know about my sister or Gina, but walking across the street to the Stadium, I couldn’t feel my legs or my feet. Did I mention it was b-bitter cold outside?? Yeah, keep that in mind throughout this blog: the dedication, the fanaticism, the reward (standing next to Mariano’s special door) That’s us in a nutshell.

Pictures all around. First stop was the Yankee Stadium Museum…what’s better than checking out a whole wall full of signed b-baseballs, learning some already known history about the Iron Horse, (c’mon, look who you’re talking to here), and getting a glimpse of Thurman Munson’s locker, still in tact? Well, I’ll tell you what’s better, and I’m sure Gina will agree…it’s the once again, already known statement that Derek Jeter has two lockers in the clubhouse, one for him and one for his fan mail. The popularity is endless…nuff said.

Personally, the highlight of the day was stepping on the field. (I swore to never wipe my feet again). This was an event that didn’t happen way back when while on the old stadium tour because another team was using the field that day. So, this time around, our gaping mouths could be seen from Jupiter—if you check out the pictures (see below) everyone around us seems a little Debbie Downer if ya know what I mean. We, on the other hand, never take such things for granted. We took every possible picture at every possible angle and even had a signature “Original Peaches” photo shoot on the field. Footnote: if you don’t know what I mean by “Original Peaches” well, you really shouldn’t be reading this blog…”Batter up, hear that call, the time has come, for one and all, to plaaaaaaay ball!” Live it. Learn it. Love it.

We ended the day with some burgers and ice cream at the Hard Rock CafĂ©. Gina arranged her hot fudge sundae in the shape of Jeter’s head…haha, kidding people! But don’t think she wasn’t thinking about it. All in all, it was a nice reminder of things to come, namely, b-baseball in the sunshine, the roar of the crowd during a game winning homerun, the Swisher Salute, and let’s not forget, the return of Andy Pettitte. I think that’s a good way to end, more blogging on that subject later :)) Here’s to 28 in 2012!

--Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment